I’ve read Kelly Notaras book “The Book You Were Born to Write: Everything You Need to (Finally) Get Your Wisdom onto the Page and into the World.” As Kelly puts it “there is only one criterion for being a writer: you have to be writing.” Her book is filled with suggestions for writing. Here are just a few tips:
1. Does the idea of writing a book excite you?
2. Make a weekly schedule for writing.
3. Work on your title and your “hook.”
4. Join a writing group or have a writing partner.
5. Work on your platform (email lists/social media presence).
I now use her book as a guide. I think it’s a good book for beginner writers. You can check out www.hayhouse.com to see if the ebook is still on sale for $1.99.